- Competent in identifying opportunities for biodiversity conservation, land degradation and climate change adaptation.
- Well experienced in design interventions for climate aware sustainable communities.
- 10+ years of combined experience in project development, research and capacity building.
- International Experience: Global Environment Facility (GEF) ; United Nations Development Programme (UNDP); Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO); UNDP’s Energy and Environment Group (EEG).
- Culturally diverse experience in 25+ countries: Latin America, Caribbean, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Arab States.
- Local NGO and Start Up experience: Involved with sustainability nonprofits and start-ups in India and San Francisco addressing food security, water security and waste management for community climate resilience.
How I Think
- Focus on ways to optimize communication and bridge connections between scientists, policy makers and the public.
- ROI for development interventions are reliable and long term when interventions are identified and designed in a participatory manner, and are non-intrusive, non-linear and respectful of its users' needs, time and goals.
- Connecting with local historical knowledge of the place, its resources and its diverse users is the foundation upon which successful interventions can be designed.
- Agrobiodiversity and genetic diversity conservation in farming systems; conservation of biodiversity in production landscapes.
- Climate smart agriculture; carbon stocks conservation in soil and green spaces
- Climate resilience evaluation, and resilience tools including Urban Agriculture, Rainwater harvesting and Greywater reuse as Low-Emission and Climate-Resilient Development Strategies (LECRDS)
- Climate change risk and variability assessments
- Capacity building for ownership of climate risk reduction and identifying adaptation solutions at local level
- Strategies for climate change communication for behaviour and social change.
- Sustainable land and water management
- Conservation agriculture; LADA approach
- LULUCF and the agriculture sector
- REDD and the agriculture sector
- Ex-act tool
- Ability to blend scientific research and local traditional knowledge with policy-making and resource management
- Project formulation and resource mobilization
- Cloud based indicators and assessments for climate resilient development and analytics
- Experienced presenter in public and executive forums
- Creative thinking in data deficient situations
- Client-facing communication
- High energy team player in challenging development environments
- Intervention design experience built on strong functional knowledge for participatory community engagement
- Leverage strengths of others in the community for innovative locally driven low-tech solutions