- Biodiversity conservation and natural resources management specialist with more than two decades experience in Asia, Europe, and Latin America and the Caribbean. Specialties include project identification and design interventions for Global Environment Facility (GEF) projects on biodiversity conservation, land degradation and climate change using logical framework, collaborative needs assessment, socio-economic-gender analysis, adaptive management and capacity building tools, with implementing agencies United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
- Expertise in strategic planning and institutional policy development, program monitoring, and results based management responsive to climate change, equity and inclusion for responsible and restorative sustainable development.
- Start Up and non profit experience in India and USA addressing sustainability education, food security, water security and waste management for community climate resilience.
- Remote and on-site data collection, evaluation, analysis and technical report writing for biodiversity conservation, climate change adaptation, gender mainstreaming and sustainable development policies.
My approach to work
- Engage diverse stakeholders in a safe and open communicating space; establish linkages between stakeholders in communities, including scientific community, policy and decision makers and others; understand community needs and capacities, resource availability, challenges to sustainability, biodiversity, and climate change adaptation.
- Identify and understand local capacity and knowledge base, history and heritage of communities, its resources and its diverse users to design collaborative development holistic interventions responsive to site specific challenges.
- Conservation of biodiversity in diverse landscapes including production landscapes; Agroecological practices, agrobiodiversity and genetic diversity conservation in diverse agricultural landscapes, urban, periurban and rural areas.
- Climate smart agriculture; carbon stocks conservation in soil and green spaces
- Climate resilience evaluation, and resilience tools including Urban Agriculture, Rainwater harvesting and Greywater reuse as Low-Emission and Climate-Resilient Development Strategies (LECRDS)
- Climate change risk and variability assessments
- Capacity building for ownership of climate risk reduction and identifying adaptation solutions at local level
- Strategies for climate change communication for behaviour and social change.
- Sustainable land and water management
- Conservation agriculture; LADA approach
- LULUCF and the agriculture sector
- REDD and the agriculture sector
- Ex-act tool
- Ability to bring together scientific research and community based knowledge for assessment of natural resources and climate status quo; evolution of policies and adaptive management that respond to stakeholder needs and goals.
- Knowledge of biodiversity conservation and climate adaptation planning processes at community, sub-national, national and regional levels; understanding climate change, particularly unequal vulnerability and socio-economic-cultural impacts, and incorporating this into design community based adaptation interventions.
- Intervention design experience built on functional knowledge for participatory community engagement, equity and resource mobilization; leveraging strengths of stakeholders in the community for innovative locally driven low-tech solutions.
- Cloud based indicators and assessments for climate resilient development and analytics.
- Creative community based alternatives for reliable information in data deficient situations.
- Reconciling conflicting agendas in uncertain task environment.
- Speaker and trainer in public and executive forums.