- Competent in identifying opportunities and in designing interventions for biodiversity conservation, land degradation, mainstreaming gender and climate change adaptation in diverse communities and landscapes.
- 15+ years of experience in project development, research, evaluation and capacity building.
- International Experience: Global Environment Facility (GEF) ; United Nations Development Programme (UNDP); Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO); UNDP’s Energy and Environment Group (EEG).
- Culturally diverse experience in 25+ countries: Latin America, Caribbean, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Arab States.
- Local NGO and Start Up experience: Involved with sustainability nonprofits and start-ups in India and San Francisco addressing food security, water security and waste management for community climate resilience.
How I Think
- Engage diverse stakeholders in a safe and open communicating space; bridge connections between scientists, policy makers and other stakeholders to understand community needs, resource availability, challenges to sustainable use of biodiversity and planning for climate change adaptation.
- I believe return on investment for development interventions are reliable and long term when interventions are identified and designed in a participatory manner, and are non-intrusive, non-linear and respectful of its users' needs, time and goals.
- Connecting with local historical knowledge and heritage of communities, its resources and users is the foundation upon which successful interventions can be designed.
- Agrobiodiversity and genetic diversity conservation in farming systems; conservation of biodiversity in production landscapes.
- Climate smart agriculture; carbon stocks conservation in soil and green spaces
- Climate resilience evaluation, and resilience tools including Urban Agriculture, Rainwater harvesting and Greywater reuse as Low-Emission and Climate-Resilient Development Strategies (LECRDS)
- Climate change risk and variability assessments
- Capacity building for ownership of climate risk reduction and identifying adaptation solutions at local level
- Strategies for climate change communication for behaviour and social change.
- Sustainable land and water management
- Conservation agriculture; LADA approach
- LULUCF and the agriculture sector
- REDD and the agriculture sector
- Ex-act tool
- Ability to blend scientific research, local traditional and community based knowledge with policy-making and resource management
- Knowledge of biodiversity conservation and adaptation planning processes at community, sub-national, national and regional levels, understanding climate change, particularly vulnerability, socio-economic-cultural impacts and incorporating this in design community based adaptation interventions.
- Intervention design experience built on strong functional knowledge for participatory community engagement and resource mobilisation.
- Leverage strengths of stakeholders in the community for innovative locally driven low-tech solutions
- Cloud based indicators and assessments for climate resilient development and analytics
- Creative thinking for reliable information in data deficient situations
- Team player in challenging development environments
- Speaker and trainer in public and executive forums